After Monday night,  who truly wishes to read a write-up about the New York Giants' individual performances in their desultory,  maladroit,  ignominious 24-3 loss to the Seattle Seahawks? (OK,  I've run out of $10 adjectives to use.) Well,  if you have actually clicked on this write-up and also obtained this much,  possibly you're just a glutton for punishment. If so,  this one's for you.What do Pro Football Focus grades and also break matters inform us regarding why this game played out the way it did? Let's take a look.OFFENSEPFF gradesAt least allow's have a little fun. Here's a quiz: Did any type of player on the Giants' offense rating 70 (above average) in PFF's eyes last night? Did anyone score also over 60 (PFF's limit for standard,  non-replacement-level play)? I'm writing this paragraph before also considering the qualities myself,  so I will guess that Wan'Dale Robinson racked up in the high 60s as well as was without a doubt the Giants' best gamer on violation. I will not be amazed if nobody else also split 60. Possibly Matt Breida. And the answer is. Thanks to Pro Football Emphasis Well,  I was close. I forgot Daniel Bellinger and also John Michael Schmitz Boogie Basham Jersey,  both of whom were selected injuries after the Giants' first drive. They weren't on the field enough time for me to get a perception of their play. Robinson did certainly play well,  with 5 receptions in 6 targets for 40 lawns and also a 73.0 grade. Breida did lead the Giants in getting,  with 5 functions in 5 targets for 48 lawns and did certainly rating 69.2 in pass grade,  however PFF was not impressed in any way with his pass blocking,  offering him an overall 55.8 score.PFF has an extremely interesting tale to tell,  though,  about the futility of the Giants' passing away video game. You may concur with it,  you might differ with it. The lower line is this: PFF saw the Giants' pass blocking as being second-rate last night nearly across the board: Marcus McKethan (46.4 ),  Joshua Ezeudu (54.6 ),  Evan Neal (53.9 - a good night by his requirements),  Ben Bredeson (42.4 ). Yet they didn't assume everybody was negative: Shane Lemieux (79.8,  imagine that!),  Matt Glowinski,  that played after Lemieux was hurt (77.6,  and also once more,  envision that!),  and Matt Peart (70.2 in his only pass breeze). PFF instead believes that the Giants' unpleasant passing "attack" last evening drops directly on the shoulders of Daniel Jones Bryce Ford-Wheaton Jersey,  that got a dreadful 31.3 passing grade. Jones had 27 completions in 34 efforts for 203 yards last evening. If you didn't watch the video game you may assume he played quite well. However his ADOT was 3.4 yards,  he had two interceptions,  and PFF says that he had five turnover-worthy has fun with zero big-time throws.Jones was pushed on 46% of his dropbacks last night. His passing quality on those forced dropbacks was an abysmal 22.6,  as well as his NFL passer score on those dropbacks was 17.4. The truly problem is that even when he wasn't pressured his PFF passing grade was only 57.9. Jones could wish to commiserate with Sam Darnold,  since the MetLife ghosts seemed to be out completely force last night https://www.newyorkgiantsprostore.com/d … ger-jersey,  and also Jones was seeing them. He did not try a single pass much more than 20 lawns downfield,  and also just 2 greater than 10 lawns downfield. He is passing up much deeper reads and going to his first read frequently (see e.g. Darren Waller running exposed at the rear of the end area as Jones required a bad pass to Parris Campbell near the goal line that was intercepted for a 97-yard pick-six by Devon Witherspoon). How much of it is his anxiety of the pass thrill as well as just how much is an inability to experience progressions is difficult to state. Last season,  when his pass defense was far better (hard to visualize,  right?),  he a minimum of took some deep shots. No more.I wish to provide Jones some aid,  so I located some inspirational quotes for him:"Challenges are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your objective."-- Henry Ford"The higher the obstacle,  the more magnificence in conquering it."-- Molire"Being challenged in life is inevitable,  being beat is optional."-- Roger Crawford"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever attain greatly."-- Robert F. KennedyIt seems like Henry Ford knew those ghosts as well. I do not know if being defeated is optional now for the Giants,  yet I use these to Daniel to make use of in his prep work for Miami and Buffalo. Fail substantially following week,  Daniel,  (translation - attempt a few deep shots) and also perhaps you'll ultimately achieve greatly.Snap matters A number of remarkable things about this game stand out: The Giants ran 75 offensive plays,  to Seattle's 55. The Seahawks' defense ought to have been gassed by the fourth quarter - Julian Love and also Devon Witherspoon played all 75 snaps,  as well as Tariq Woolen played 73 - however it mattered little considering that Jones could not obtain the round downfield to his receivers.Wan'Dale Robinson played 48 breaks,  so he seems to have totally recuperated from his ACL. Likewise,  Jalin Hyatt played 45 snaps,  by far one of the most he has actually seen the area in any kind of game (not that it mattered). Sterling Shepard saw the area for only 5 offensive breaks. In a video game like this,  with Jones having a hard time to get the round to any person,  you  would certainly assume that Shepard might be an important reassurance to help Jones beat the pass rush. Yet no. The writing is certainly on the wall.DEFENSEPFF qualities Thanks to Pro Football Focus The Giants played pretty well on defense last night on the whole,  and also it displays in a few of their PFF scores: Isaiah Simmons got here as a Giant last evening,  with an outstanding 90.5 defense grade,  though still only in 18 snaps. He was excellent in protection,  run defense,  and tackling (not that Geno Smith would agree with that last one). The Giants had 17 pressures of Geno Smith overall Troy Brown Jersey,  yet only 2 sacks. Dexter Lawrence played his usual excellent video game (81.4 ),  with four stress and also a QB hit. Kayvon Thibodeaux (71.2) was even more of a pressure than we have actually seen in the previous games,  with 2 sacks https://www.newyorkgiantsprostore.com/cj-conrad-jersey,  2 rushes,  as well as a batted pass that could have been a game-changing interception and also pick-six if he 'd captured it. Azeez Ojulari (66.2) offered five pressures from the contrary side. Jihad Ward (29.3) continues to provide the Giants nothing as a side protector (he rated 41.1,  39.4,  and 47.3 in the very first 3 games). I recognize he is a Wink fave,  however his NFL career seems to be (or should be) over.Bobby Okereke had an excellent total game (81.0 ),  with high marks for run protection,  pass thrill (2 pressures),  as well as pass protection. yet his taking on remains to be atrocious (50.3 with 2 missed out on deals with,  among them on the awkward Noah Fant tour down the sideline). The Giants once again had double figure missed out on tackles (10 ),  with Adoree' Jackson getting two of them in a general terrible video game all-around for him.Xavier McKinney (71.1) played a pretty tidy game with 3 takes on and also no misses this week,  yet he is still not making impact plays and quit two functions in three targets. Deonte Banks (61.0) is kind of just there as a cornerback,  not playing awfully yet not making any effect plays either (4 receptions in five targets). Snap matters There is really only one thing of note to report on about defensive snap matters. Wink Martindale benched cornerbacks Tre Hawkins III as well as Darnay Holmes,  deciding rather for Cor'Dale Flott on downs when the Giants played nickel (30 snaps). Flott had a nondescript video game throughout the board,  with two receptions enabled on 3 targets for 53 backyards surrendered.

--